Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Review of Practical Computer Vision with SimpleCV

I have always been interested in doing a little image processing for robotics and just messing around with a Kinect and a few other things. I didn't quite know where to start but this really gives you a good foundation to new world of computer vision.
We begin with a really basic introduction to what computer vision is and then move on to the SimpleCV framework. A lot of other basics are covered, which is very nice, and then you move on to more important subjects such as feature detection by finding blobs. It finished with a few, more advanced concepts, which I'm still wrapping my head around.
It doesn't go into a lot of deep topics but it's good for jumping in to computer vision and I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in this field as a way to get started easily.

Disclaimer: This book was received as part of the O'Reilly Blogger Review Program. All comments represent my thoughts and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment