Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Review of Start Here!™ Learn JavaScript

So, in an effort to try to eventually program on the Android platform, I thought it would be a good thing to learn JavaScript. I know a little bit about Java but haven't done anything with JS before. I'm not that great of a programmer but I've done a little with Java, MATLAB/Octave, C, Arduino (C++ variant), LabView, and am dabbling in Python.
I decided to try this book out because I wanted to learn JS. Well, this works well if you program in the .NET world but for people like me, that wasn't very good. There were a few basics at the beginning of the book that help get one going but it's not really much help in really learning the language.
I can't comment on the rest of the book because I know nothing about the .NET framework but I was disappointed in the book because I thought it would be more geared towards learning JS in a general sense, which I would assume from starting here.

Disclaimer: This book was received as part of the O'Reilly Blogger Review Program. All comments represent my thoughts and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment